Many of my clients enter into the coaching
relationship seeking help and guidance to maximize their
careers. Frequently, their real obstacles revolve around their
personal lives. Successfully dealing with self-defeating
behavior, limiting beliefs, ineffective habits and communications
deficiencies have literally turned people's lives around.
Their careers have blossomed simply by making some fundamental
shifts in how they see and deal with the world and those around
ANY OF THESE SITUATIONS APPLY TO
• My spouse or partner just does not understand me.
Instead of growing, we are becoming farther apart and I don't know
what to do.
• We have been in a long-term relationship, but one
of us is just not ready to make a commitment and I wonder if we were
really meant for each other.
• No matter how hard I try, I can't
seem to find the right person for me. I have tried everything, but
nothing seems to work.
• I like my friends and co-workers, but
there are times when I would just as soon be by myself or try to
find people that I more in common with to be around.
• My family is driving me nuts. My parents
still treat me like a child and my in-laws are the couple from
• I make enough
money, but somehow I have nothing to show for it and am constantly
• I know I can be smarter in how I manage my
• I know I need to start saving for my kids' college and
a bigger house, but there just isn't enough coming in to do
• I want a safe and secure retirement, but the way it looks
now, I will have to work right up to the funeral home.
spouse and I fight about money all the time, which is creating a
problem with our marriage.
• There are just not enough hours in
the day to get everything done that I need to do. I am skimping on
sleep, making me cranky and less affective at work.
•I simply do
not have enough time to get organized. I am trying to keep a lot of
balls in the air, but some are starting to drop, causing a lot of
• I am procrastinating more and more these days and am
focusing on things that don't seem to matter, while putting off the
important things in my life.
• I have to put more balance into my
life. The demands of parenthood are much more than I had anticipated
and my job is killing me.
• I have given up setting goals because
I just don't seem to have the discipline or time to see them
• I used to believe in myself, I
think, but lately I have completely lost my self-confidence. I do my
best to please others, but nobody seems to worry about me.
am tired all the time and lack the energy to get much accomplished.
I love to be creative, but that spark seems to have left me.
must lose this weight somehow. I have to find a way to incorporate
exercise into my schedule and start to eat right, like I used
• I never seem to have fun anymore and the things I used to
enjoy don't seem to appeal to me any more even if I had time to do
them. Something is missing.
• I have so much clutter around that
it is overtaking me. I need to find some way to simplify my
• I feel like I am never in control and seem to get angry
at myself and others.
VERBATIM COMMENTS FROM MY CLIENTS ALL LEAD TO ONE THING. YOU KNOW IT
IT TIME YOU DID SOMETHING ABOUT IT?